Questions & Answers
What's new: 6 more experts joined the community!
To help you all get answers faster during this challenging time, we’ve introduced 6 new verified experts to the Q&A community. You can submit questions as usual, or use to guarantee an expert answer.
Who are the verified experts?
jcdenton ShaquilleOatmeal alyssa33 maplecreamcookies YeshDatar EliasMiller zpx3 GiebienNa MoriahKofsky HaleJaeger CollegeVineSupport
Verified experts have completed comprehensive training based on CollegeVine’s proprietary data and research in the field of college admissions. Their names might look familiar because many of them host our free livestreams.
These experts are available for free on CollegeVine because we know that not everybody has access to a school counselor or private tutor when they need help. You can ask a question any time and guarantee an expert answer for 20 karma.
Don't have karma?
You can still submit a question without karma and get answers from your peers or a verified expert if they are online!
Have a question about how the CollegeVine Q&A works? Email our support team – we’re happy to help!
How does karma work?
The system is simple: you receive karma (sort of like a credit) when you help others. If you're short on karma, you can do any of the following to earn more:
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on a question you post
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on an answer you post
if your answer is marked accepted
- 10 karma for reviewing an essay
- 10 karma if your essay review is rated 5 ⭐️
You can then use your karma to submit an essay for review or guarantee an expert answer on Q&A.
What should I rank Girl Scout Gold Award in the extracurricular rankings?
animal rights club name ideas??
Is it appropriate to reach out to professors in your major of interest and if so how should I go about it?
Should I apply for scholarships?
2019 taxes filed and it's significantly lower than 2018, will this help me get an increase in grants/scholarships?
Do you have a list of colleges that are taking early admission ?
Stanford or Harvard
What SAT score is too low that should I not submit?
How do colleges rank high school difficulty. Is Forest Hills High NY more difficult than Benjamin Cardozo High NY?
Since most schools are test optional now, when should you choose to upload scores?
Are there any good computer science internships for high school students?
How do I see my chances for individual schools?
What do admissions look for in British students
If in person opportunities are cancelled over the summer, how should I try to get more extracurriculars/volunteer hours?
How likely am i of going to a good college if I have one F On my 3rd quarter grades ?
Will I get into the Ivy League (Brown University PLME) with a good SAT, excellent junior year, but bad freshman?
Are there any Volunteer/ Internship opportunities within Los Angeles?
If we take a summer course from a university, will that give us any "brownie points" when applying for that university?
Now that universities are not requiring standardized testing, how much will this affect our chances of getting in?
Now that most internships are cancelled for the summer, what should I do to strengthen my college application?
Question & answer community guidelines
Help keep this community safe, supportive, and helpful!
All questions and answers must abide by these guidelines:Do:
- Write a clear question title that ends in a “?”.
- Vote! Upvote posts that are helpful and Downvote posts that aren’t.
- Be kind, be respectful, and keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Flag any posts that are inappropriate, rude, or break these guidelines.
- Don’t be rude. Posts containing anything violent, racist, attacking, trolling, illegal, offensive, inappropriate, etc. are strictly prohibited and will be removed.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. These are questions that list your profile and ask how likely you are to get into a school. Please rely on the CollegeVine chancing or livestreams to answer this type of question. “Chance-me” posts often turn into bragging, and that’s not what we’re about here.
- Don’t ask for essay reviews. You should use peer essay review for safe and fast reviews. Don’t post your sharable essay link on the Q&A to get a faster review. Instead, “fast-track” your essay with karma!
- Don’t share personally identifying information like your name, email, or high school. Don’t attempt to solicit, reveal, or share personal information about others.
- Don’t post advertisements. These are unsolicited promotions of yourself, your business, or products/services. Posts that break the guidelines will be locked by a moderator. Users who break the guidelines 3 times will be banned from the Q&A.