Questions & Answers
To help folks get answers faster, we’ve introduced verified experts . You can still submit questions as usual, or use to guarantee an expert answer. Answering questions can help you earn karma.
Who are the verified experts?
Current verified experts: jcdenton ShaquilleOatmeal alyssa33 maplecreamcookies YeshDatar EliasMiller zpx3 GiebienNa MoriahKofsky HaleJaeger CollegeVineSupport
Verified experts have completed training and use CollegeVine’s proprietary data and research in the field of college admissions. Their names might look familiar because they’ve already been answering some of your questions!
We recognize that not everybody has access to a school counselor when they need help, so these experts are available for free on CollegeVine. You can ask a question and get an answer from a verified expert.
Wait, is there any catch?
You need a minimum of 20 karma to guarantee an answer from a verified expert. To learn more, You can still submit a question without karma and get answers from your peers or a verified expert if they are online!
Have a follow-up question about verified experts? Contact us – we’re happy to help!
How does karma work?
The system is simple: you receive karma (sort of like a credit) when you help others. If you're short on karma, you can do any of the following to earn more:
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on a question you post
- 1 karma for each 👍 upvote on an answer you post
if your answer is marked accepted
- 10 karma for reviewing an essay
- 10 karma if your essay review is rated 5 ⭐️
You can then use your karma to submit an essay for review or guarantee an expert answer on Q&A.
What happens if my Common App fee waiver is not signed?
Do colleges have access to my test history for the SAT/ACT?
Does a 4 on AP Biology hurt my chances for majoring in Pre-Med?
How does starting a non-profit impact college admissions?
How do I see if someone liked/disliked the feedback I provided?
Improve my SAT 1 score or do SAT 2 tests?
Could you please name a few good colleges/ universities in the USA, where I can apply for Computer Engineering (B.Eng)?
Can I recycle the same essay for two different universities if they have a similar prompt? +A question about karma
Should i do ap or dual-enrollment?
Does applying earlier due to merit scholarships improve chances of admission (specifically at USC and Richmond)?
Where would this extracurricular go on the tiers?
If I do undergrad school in less than or equal to three years, will it affect my med school chances?
How do you know if your profile has been selected for review?
Should I submit my SAT score if it's more than enough for admission but a bit low for honors?
How do you know if your ACT or SAT score is too low to submit?
Will a C in an elective ruin your transcript?
my school doesn’t offer ap classes, what do i do?
What would be an example of a tier G EC?
How to change CollegeVine profile's first name?
Why is there no category in the Extracurricular section for Foreign Exchange?
Question & answer community guidelines
Help keep this community safe, supportive, and helpful!
All questions and answers must abide by these guidelines:Do:
- Write a clear question title that ends in a “?”.
- Vote! Upvote posts that are helpful and Downvote posts that aren’t.
- Be kind, be respectful, and keep posts relevant to college admissions and high school.
- Flag any posts that are inappropriate, rude, or break these guidelines.
- Don’t be rude. Posts containing anything violent, racist, attacking, trolling, illegal, offensive, inappropriate, etc. are strictly prohibited and will be removed.
- Don’t ask “chance-me” questions. These are questions that list your profile and ask how likely you are to get into a school. Please rely on the CollegeVine chancing or livestreams to answer this type of question. “Chance-me” posts often turn into bragging, and that’s not what we’re about here.
- Don’t ask for essay reviews. You should use peer essay review for safe and fast reviews. Don’t post your sharable essay link on the Q&A to get a faster review. Instead, “fast-track” your essay with karma!
- Don’t share personally identifying information like your name, email, or high school. Don’t attempt to solicit, reveal, or share personal information about others.
- Don’t post advertisements. These are unsolicited promotions of yourself, your business, or products/services. Posts that break the guidelines will be locked by a moderator. Users who break the guidelines 3 times will be banned from the Q&A.